A new one man spoken word play from storyteller Anthony Hett

One Lump or Two
a very personal and yet universal tale of isolation and loss.










Bringing his audience to the brink of tears, with sharp yet subtly tugs on the heart strings, before neatly tickling their inner ribcage with his dry wit. Anthony Hett blends theatre and poetry with a gentle expertise that belies his years.”
                                  (Anthony “modest” Hett)



I came to the only sensible conclusion... I was dying from Testicular Cancer!

Set in “me nan's” kitchen, 'One Lump or Two' is a poetic exploration of my own feelings of isolation - due to an inability to communicate my feeling effectively with the people around me - told through two vivid and provocative memories. Stood in the grimy bathroom of my shared house as an undergrad, I checked my testicles for lumps for the first time. To my horror I found a small lump and came to the only sensible conclusion... I was dying from Testicular Cancer. Three years later, I visited my friend John at a Cancer hospice, where his short battle with Lymphoma ended. A traumatic experience that left me gutted but happy to be alive. 


"Really enjoyed the personal subject matter and the poet’s abilities to find humour in difficult places." 
                                                                                                                                 (Audience member)

In the true spirit of a scratch performance it will be a little rough around the edges and I'm going to need your help to polish it. Come along and tell me what you think. What did you like? What didn't you like so much? And most importantly - what can I do to take my project onto the next stage? 

London performance - 7.30pm Tuesday 23rd April, Vibe Gallery, Bermondsey, SE16 4DG - £4 (£1 goes to men's charity CALM)

Chester performance - 7.30pm Sunday 28th April, Alexanders, 2 Rufus Court, CH1 2JW - £4 (£1 goes to Nightingale House Hospice)